Friday, March 25, 2011

Are you content?

I am currently studying Linda Dillow's Calm My Anxious Heart - A Woman's Guide to Finding Contenment. I am about half way through and the book is speaking to me.

This week's lesson is about being content with what you have, not being greedy. It is an excellent chapter.

Matthew 6:19-21 Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

I love this question that Linda Dillow poses when it comes to materials items we own, "Suppose this treasure were lost, destroyed, or stolen tomorrow. Would I miss it to the point that it would harm my trust in God, my contentment, or my relationships? If the answer is yes, then your treasure is on earth."

No comments: